Sunday, September 26, 2010

Made a quick trip on the ICW


Today I took out my dad and son on the Intercoastal. The trailer mods worked great. Also over the past few weeks I rebuilt the bow. I ended up cutting out the original stem and replaced it with a pressure treated 4x4 cut to the angle of the boat. I also picked up a new heavy duty bow eye from West Marine. This all worked great. Oh I forgot to mention that the Virginia Dep't. of Game and Inland Fisheries accepted my boat and it is now registered and legal! Anyways I hope to make a few more trips out before I have to winterize the motor. Next trip the fishing poles are coming.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robbie...I'm surprised the plans didn't call for a 4x4 for the stem to begin with. That 2x4 looked pretty thin at the bow. I don't know what the plans called for but the 4x4 seems more fitting. Very cool that you took your Dad out and also that the boat is registered now...very cool.
    Have you noticed any "oil canning" of the bottom when underway? That's where it flexes. Also...does the inwale and cap rail on the gunnel stiffen up the sheer line and side walls or is there any flex there?...just wondering how solid the boat feels in general.

    ReplyDelete